Friday, January 15, 2010

Spice Up Those Breasts!

I made this the other night for supper. A nice flavour change to the standard freezer staple - boneless chicken breasts. A bit of an exotic, middle eastern flavour.

Lemon Spiced Chicken

Into a large ziploc bag add:

1/4 lemon juice, honey
2 tbsp soy sauce, rice vinegar, olive oil
1 tbsp fresh ginger, ketchup, grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp cumin, cinnamon, paprika
salt and pepper
- Mix well in the ziploc bag and add your chicken breasts

Let marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally

Place chicken slights apart in a single layer in a shallow pan
Drizzle the marinade over
Bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes until done, basting with the sauce a couple of times

I used a little cornstarch thickner at the end to have a thicker sauce,

I served this with brown rice fried. (Diane, I love the sun brown rice you put me onto last visit to Winnipeg!)

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment